HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is giving individuals and businesses a harder time by:
- Carrying out more tax enquiries and compliance checks
- Selecting taxpayers for investigations at random
- Investing heavily in data trawling software
- Expanding the enquiry department
Anyone who pays tax can suffer an enquiry or compliance check by HMRC
If this happens to you:
- You wil have to prove that HMRC's suspicions are unfounded
- HMRC's detailed questions will take time to answer
- Greater professional advice may be needed to successfully reduce penalties
- Significant levels of professional fees may become due as a result
We provide cover to clients under which, in the event of an enquiry or inspection:
- You will receive the best possible defence
- You will not be charged for most professional costs incurred in your defence
- You will not have to concede to HMRC's demands because of financial pressure
By subscribing to our Tax Investigation Cover (or TIC for short), you will have the full comfort of knowing that we can fully defend you at no extra cost if you fall under HMRC's spotlight.
Different because you are
We pride ourselves in providing individually tailored services to our clients. Whatever your aspirations and priorities in business and life, we will be by your side with expert advice from local specialists. It is because your needs are unique, that the solutions we provide are distinct and personalised to you.
You can find more information about our Tax Investigation Cover in our policy document, example claims and FAQ's below.
Please note: without this cover any professional work undertaken would be charged in addition to your normal fee.
Why might I need Tax Investigation Cover?
Lovewell Blake Tax Investigation Cover will pay our professional fees for dealing with an HMRC investigation or enquiry.Our cover is market leading and there is no excess to pay. In the event of a tax investigation or enquiry we can handle everything including all correspondence with HMRC and even host meetings with the Inspector on your behalf.
Even if you have done nothing wrong it can take time to prove this to HMRC and deal with their letters and enquiries. Many of our clients value the peace of mind TIC provides. See our dedicated Tax Investigation Cover page for more information and to subscribe online.
Do I need to be a Lovewell Blake client to have your Tax Investigation Cover?
Yes, our Tax Investigation Cover is only available to businesses and individuals who are engaged with Lovewell Blake and where we have a 64-8 form (agent access) in place with HMRC.
If you would like to sign up as a client and then take out cover please get in touch to speak to one of our team.
I already have Lovewell Blake Tax Investigation Cover, how do i renew my policy?
You will be contacted as the policy anniversary is approached and you will be invited to renew cover for the upcoming year. If you currently have a policy and require further information please see our dedicated TIC Renewals page.